upgraded wires, the good and bad

global_groove6

Ok I finally got around to making new cables and I can honestly there is a pretty big difference. Thanks for the tutorial by the way Justin. It helped quite a bit! cwm12.gif I first tested it by using the new cables on the right side and the old ones on the left side. Then I kept switching the balance back and forth. The side with the new cables sounded quite a bit louder and the vocals and higher frequencies just seemed to attack so much more efficienty. I can listen to the volume at lower levels now and achieve great results. Even my mom asked me if I just got new speakers when she heard it. Also, no more crackling sounds even when I rotate the miniplugs!

However, one problem is that on some songs there seems to be too much treble, alot noticeble then before. Almost too painful at higher volumes. My question is how much does the sound card effect the quality of sound. The reason I'm asking is because I just bought a new computer with a SB Audigy that should be here in a about a week. The card I'm using now is a pretty old Creative AWE64 16 bit audio. Do you think the Audigy would help balance out the frequencies more without having to adjust using an equalizer? Overall though the difference is positive and I would urge everyone to try the wire upgrade. cwm7.gif

yeah, I was thinking about doing that with my 2.1's and the 5.1's. I think it would be worth the time and money especially given your results. I don't think I'd mind the extra treble too much, I'd just be sure not sit right by them at high levels,lol.

------------------

I am Canadian!!!

If you use Winamp, just turn the EQ on and lower the treble a bit.

And Sj, try to not sit in front of them?! OMG, I could not stand that. I am right in the middle of these things cranked up. It is helpful to have loud music with good shaking bass when one is not feeling up to par. I love them... But, new wires would make a huge difference... I could almost have new wires out of Monster Cable XP, but I only have three pre-cut wires... and lack a fourth completely... Now I could cut one in half, but what if I need that extra length sometime?!

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>