Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm forced to change my amp in following "desktop" setup: notebook -> Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2 -> Wireworld Luna 7 -> Denon PMA-720 AE -> Oehlbach Bi-tech 4 -> Klipsch RB-81 II.

My budget for amp is 550 € (610 $). Local dealers offer mostly Cambridge Audio, Marantz, NAD, Yamaha and Onkyo. Any recommendations?

I'm also considering a DAC upgrade. Something like Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus would be nice. Do you think it's a good idea or should I look for more expensive amp with build-in DAC instead?

One way or another I need to buy a USB cable... Any advices regarding a cable company with reasonable prices considering my budget and setup.

As for genres. I'm listening to all of them ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicker said:

I'm forced to change my amp in following "desktop" setup

@Nicker

 

Who forced you?:unsure::angry:

 

Seriously, what in your setup are you not happy about?  Did something crash and burn?

 

1 hour ago, Nicker said:

My budget for amp is 550 € (610 $). Local dealers offer mostly Cambridge Audio, Marantz, NAD, Yamaha and Onkyo. Any recommendations?

All good brands that would match well with your RB-81II's.

 

For that budget, consider a Cambridge Audio 651A, NAD C356BEE/DAC, Yamaha A-S701, Marantz PM-7005, Onkyo A-9050, just to name a few.  All mentioned come with a built-in DAC except for the NADC356BEE but has an optional DAC module that can be installed.

 

Bill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, willland said:

Seriously, what in your setup are you not happy about?  Did something crash and burn?

There's this "hum" sound coming from amp to my tweeters. When I turn volume knob clockwise it transfers to "buzz" sound. When the volume knob is all the way down it's still audible. Guys in authorized service were clueless :(

Quote

All good brands that would match well with your RB-81II's.

That's good ^_^

 

Thank you ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicker said:

Do you think it's a good idea or should I look for more expensive amp

How much more expensive?  Seriously, a good amp and a good outboard DAC may be an option.  My Yamaha A-S1000 is all analog and I pair it up with the matching CD-S1000 player and drive my RB-75's to a musical bliss.  I am in the market for an outboard DAC for when I stream with my Chromecast Audio.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willland said:

How much more expensive?  Seriously, a good amp and a good outboard DAC may be an option.  My Yamaha A-S1000 is all analog and I pair it up with the matching CD-S1000 player and drive my RB-75's to a musical bliss.  I am in the market for an outboard DAC for when I stream with my Chromecast Audio.

Around 800 €. That's the cost of Cambridge CXA60 in Czech Rep. and a price I find reasonable, considering my demands. I have no use for CD player tho, since I'm listening mostly when I'm using my notebook. Most of the time the volume is pretty low too, so I'm using Loudness on my Denon because it sounds better than Direct mode.

Edited by Nicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nicker said:

Around 800 €. That's the cost of Cambridge CXA60 in Czech Rep. and a price I find reasonable, considering my demands.

What price is the NAD C356BEE/DAC or Yamaha A-S801?

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, willland said:

What price is the NAD C356BEE/DAC or Yamaha A-S801?

NAD C 356BEE - 670 €

NAD C 356BEE with DAC - 960 €

Yamaha A-S801 - 930 €

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...