AboutDolby Atmos speaker config

Spirit_Rises

hi guys

Instead of buying a dolby atmos ceiling speaker,may i just import my surround back small speakers into the ceiling,Don't they do what the Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers do ? what important is ,the way we put the speakers for Dolby Atmos configuration isn't it?

for example 7.1.2 configuration.I will have

2 front speaker

1 center speaker

2 surround speaker

2 surround back speaker 

and

2 small surround back speakers for my ceiling(i will import them )

Does this configuration work for dolby atmos?

It should as far as I know. I am not exactly and expert, but I spoke the guys who originally wired my house for my surround sound and told them I wanted to do something like you are talking about. I have Ref iis all around and said i could use quintet satellites for atmos. He said there should be no issue whatsoever using those for Atmos. I think as long as you match well you should be fine. I am just waiting and saving up for a receiver that can handle it, but my finances are tight right now. I plan on doing exactly what you are asking about, you should be good

2 hours ago, chasec2021 said:

It should as far as I know. I am not exactly and expert, but I spoke the guys who originally wired my house for my surround sound and told them I wanted to do something like you are talking about. I have Ref iis all around and said i could use quintet satellites for atmos. He said there should be no issue whatsoever using those for Atmos. I think as long as you match well you should be fine. I am just waiting and saving up for a receiver that can handle it, but my finances are tight right now. I plan on doing exactly what you are asking about, you should be good

we are in the same situation about buying AVR :)  

as far as i know and took a look at those ceiling atmos speakers and the ones we put on the front speakers there is not anything telling that "these speakers are Atmos certified" or any other information indicating those speakers are for Atmos.they are different from normal speakers because they have Atmos chip or something else" there is absolutely nothing indicating special requirement for Atmos.So i think any speaker will be okay as long as we locate them in the correct way for Atmos.

by the way i am looking for a Denon x4300H 

6 hours ago, Spirit_Rises said:

we are in the same situation about buying AVR :)  

as far as i know and took a look at those ceiling atmos speakers and the ones we put on the front speakers there is not anything telling that "these speakers are Atmos certified" or any other information indicating those speakers are for Atmos.they are different from normal speakers because they have Atmos chip or something else" there is absolutely nothing indicating special requirement for Atmos.So i think any speaker will be okay as long as we locate them in the correct way for Atmos.

by the way i am looking for a Denon x4300H 

I am sure there is something out there that separates an atmos speaker to running a speaker overhead off an atmos receiver, but I dont think it would be a huge gap. I have done no research to back that theory up tho

Let us know what you end up doing and how it works out for you