Lookie what arrived today!

Ok.... I will try to describe things. I purchased these La Scala's in the fall based on their potential, not how they sounded in the state they were in. I was pretty sure they would at least need some work on the crossover, possibly new diaphragms. Before they sounded veiled, a bit muddled. Occasionally, I would catch a hint of their potential brilliance. But mostly, I was left wanting more. Fast forward two months to today. I immediately noticed a massive improvement in clarity. People often suggest it is like lifting a heavy blanket off the speakers. I would say this is an apt description. Before, it was like the signal wasn't all getting through to the individual drivers, which is what I understand is what happens with old capacitors as they drift out of spec. They also seem to have a wider soundstage now. So far, I am throughly impressed with the upgrade. I still want to play a with the attenuator on the sqwaker a bit to see ifni can tweak things a bit more. I I also see myself going further down the rabbit hole and upgrading the tweeters some day. In all, Al K deserves a big pat on the back. I'm a happy camper[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk