What to buy?(Reciever)

chrisklip

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No secret. I don't feel it's appropriate to advertise on Klipsch's forum. If they were a sponsor, or contributor then I would. I wouldn't want people sending people to Vendors that carry my competitors if I were Klipsch. Just being considerate I guess. BTW, I tried hooking up the RP5's the way you suggested last week. I really appreciated the information! I bought a Yamaha RX-V1 with dual subwoofer jacks this week. Amazingly, the Yamaha high pass crossover matched the RP5s. WELL, all sounded good at LOW volume. Much better actually, more clarity. Convention wiring, they sounded muffled at low volume. When they got up there volume wise, I smiled & then was naseaus. The Horn was so awesome! The bass SUCKED! MUDDY, & rattling the cabinet like crazy. SO, I added the RCA's, & set them to Small. POP! says the Rp5 R main, at a MEASLY 35 volume reading. Set it to large, same thing. Both knobs are at 12 O'clock, 10 O'clock POP, were gonna POP, around the clock tonight &%$#%^$%&! Monsters Inc. DVD, 5 POPS dialed down to 3 O'clock. I'm PISSED to say the least! These subs are not a good compliment to the rest of the speaker IMHO. I went to tweeter today, & listened to a pair of RC3II's that sound MUCH better than these! As a matter of fact, they sounded better than the RF5's that were next to them. I have 18hrs to keep these, or eat the freight & send them back. I LOVE the RC3II center, sweet. Methinks these are going back. No wonder Klipsch dicontinued them. Why would Klipsch not put the REFERENCE SUB in the REFERENCE TOWER? 15.gif

patrick, hey klipsch is cool on that. besides i'm sure the speakers & components don't compete w/ what klipsch offers or in the same price category. 2.gif sounds like they're more mail-order oriented anyway.

that sucks on your rp. sounds like you should set their output (contour) knobs all the way down to flat. never turned mine up more than flat & still had good bass. how 'bout the sub & lfe output levels on your yammy? those should be flat too.

sounds like the subs are bottoming out from being over-driven. that can happen w/ any sub if you turn their output up too much & run high volume w/ big bass material.

1st i'd use a sound meter & w/ the rp subs on flat setting, balance the other speakers to the sub level.

but if the rp don't suit your bass needs, & you were to get the rf-3 & a nice seperate sub like an rsw you wouldn't get any flak from me. 9.gif would be a lil pricier though.