Deoxit'ing a Crown K2

Coytee

Ok, so I decided to dive in warm turkey (as contrasted to cold turkey)

Last night & this morning, I took my Peach apart and cleaned/lubed the pots on the front face.  I've not yet plugged it back into system so have no idea if the scratchiness is gone.

Decided since I was on a roll, go ahead & pull one of the Crown's out...  my biggest offender happens to be the left front channel.

Out it came & tossed it (gently) on the desk.

Pulled up the service manual (not that I can read all of it) however, I could read where to short "T1" to "resistor 3" or something like that.  Found them on the circuit panel...  instructions warn that the little resistor might get warm to the touch as it bleeds down the energy (didn't happen & I shorted it a couple times to make sure I got it)

None the less...

pulled apart, cleaned twice...lubed...put back.

I have to say, though I had to pull the front panel off and remove the board with the controls on it, overall it was very VERY easy.

Now, I can hear the space between the instruments, the image has widened at least two-fold....  the micro detail is well....very micro!

Cymbals sound like they're full of sheen & shimmer... flutes just float in the air...

OK, so all the bold stuff is hype....

I will say, it works as advertised!  All the scratches & fade outs are now gone.  Sound comes on linear from zero to max loudness.

Now I have two more to go...

They'll go much faster now that I know how.  You can see the little board that the two pots and LED's are on.  They are JUST too big to come out by only taking the lid off.  I had to also loosen the entire face plate and wiggle it back a bit.

Crown 2.jpg

Crown 3.jpg

Crown 1.jpg

Crown 4.jpg

• Like 2

How do you get your pictures to show in proper order?  Mine always get jumbled up even though I name them numerically and then upload them in that order.

sigh...  oh well, you'll figure it out!