Anybody tried this w/ their KSW-15/RSW hook-up?

boa12

from what i understand, they have 2 line inputs (L&R) &

a seperate (nonfiltered) LFE input - at least i know the ksw-15 does.

in addition to connecting your fronts to your fronts speaker terminals, why not run interconnects from the fronts/mains preouts to the L&R line inputs of sub?

also connect the sub out to the LFE in of the sub w/ another interconnect.

then set sub:yes, fronts:large & the bass control so that LFE only is sent from the receiver sub out.

the LFE then bypasses the sub's crossover & doesn't get cut. & you can use the crossover on the sub to better blend the mains' preout low bass with the front speakers.

anybody tried this w/ good results (or bad?)?

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 09-23-2002 at 07:19 PM

whoops, looks like only the ksw-15 is so equipped w/ a nonfiltered LFE input. the ball dropping continues at klipsch. Frown.gif

looks like klipch is relying on the buyer beware in getting a processor w/ flexible bass mgmt for their bigger speaks & subs.

they had the right idea w/ their ksw-15 anyway. so anybody tried this on a ksw-15? looks like to try this w/ an rsw you need to get an external crossover. cwm25.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

what? only about 1000 have asked how to hook up a ksw

or sub in the last year & nobody cares? Wink.gif

well finally find some solution here & looks like everybody has now got an adjustable lower than 80hz crossover in their processor. Biggrin.gif

no thanks to the manufacturers of subs & receivers though. totally self-learned. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Boa,

Sorry I am too damn lazy to try this with my KSW15,the sub is in top part of my room,and the closest receiver in my PC room.You are asking too much,just this past sunday I was doing a major cleanup.My back kills me now,and next sunday is cleanup in the large HT.Cleanup means I move the system around LOL

I may test this later and give you news.

TheEAR(s) Now theears