Heresy III Questions

MrBell

I'm using Naim's Naca5 speaker cable in conjunction with the UnitiQute 2.  I'm getting a very dynamic and detailed sound.  My only complaint so far is a mid-bass hump (or honk) that I hear on certain songs. Moving the speakers away from the wall does not change it that much.  These speakers only have about 20 hours on them... curious to hear what will change at 90-100 hours?

The UnitiQute is being fed a digital toslink cable now from the MacBook Pro.  This represented a huge jump in sound quality over the minijack to RCA cable I started with.  

R0000491.jpg

Edited by MrBell

On 7/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, DizRotus said:

Me too.

I compared my #14 Cu zipcord and white vinyl sheathed #12 Cu CL-2 (Mediabridge) runs and got much better 'sound' from she-who-must-be-kept-happy with the latter cable! I ran the zipcord temporarily along our long wall at the baseboard for our rear speakers in our LR & DR-turned-library home theater and heard daily what an eyesore it was. I quickly ordered 250 ft of the CL-2 cable and ran it  along the same white baseboard & off-white carpet junction, leaving enough extra length to fish down inside the walls and across the ceiling in the attic. It has been like that for 3.5 yr, despite my having been stood up by three different contractors (It blends in well!) for the in-wall installation. I also bought a 100 ft roll of #16 Cu CL-2 to make short cables with as it is much more flexible (My 8 ft banana plug to spade lug cables for my Emotiva A-100 BasX to my Heresys is an example.).

In all seriousness, pure Cu zipcord (Not CCA!) is fine, just use the largest practical gauge... and consider CL-2, especially if it will be seen. It's not just for in-wall installations.