Becareful of what you ask for, you just might get it.

m00n

mOOn,

Felt would work well for absorbing high frequencies. But it won't do a thing for the low stuff. Since high frequncies have such short wave lenghts, thin material like felt would absorb it. But bass has very long wave lengths, so the only thing to soak it up would be thick foam, layers of carpet, house insulation, couches, giant stuffed teddy bears etc etc.

V

Moon,

Before you go nuts and spend money or do something to the room, I'd try something simple...

Seems to me you might be transferring a lot of energy directly through the concrete slab to the, uh, earth (Jeez, that sounds silly...), and low frequency sounds and subsonics carry very, very efficiently through dense material like hard clay or rock. I'd try de-coupling / isolating the subs from the *FLOOR* by getting some dense foam rubber, or Sorbothane, or other squishy-type isolation product, and putting it under the subs. Might work, certainly cheap enough.