Yam or denon

midospike

All you guys have been great with all the infor. The denon is sounding great and working very well. I still at times miss all the toys the sony has on it. I was buying a denon for the sound, not for the bells and toys. I am happy with my choice so far. Thanks once again.

Well, this isn't receivers but it's still Yamaha vs Denon.

For christmas I got a Denon DCM-370 5-disc changer. I had my friend bring his Yamaha CDC-775 over for a comparison. The Yamaha won in every category. It sounded good in analog or digital connection, the Denon sounded aweful to me in analog and sounded good using a digital connection. So needles to say, I took the Denon back and got me one of the Yamaha CDC-775's. It's an awesome CD player for $249!

------------------

Brad

Legend Series KLF-20s and KLF-C7...still hoping to get the S6's someday!

I have klf 30 s Reference center , synergy front effects , b=k matrix3 rear ( until I can afford rs3).....HAD OLD YAMAHA DSP.....TRIED DENON AND YAM ....BOUGHT RXV-1....It sounds beautiful....full bass..lovely imaging , great dynamics...Yamaha has a winner in this unit !.I listen to ALL types of Music....no vid....bought Yamaha for audio quality and flexibility.....next purchase will be Pioneer dvd audio and reference Klipsch for rear.....I say go with Yamaha !!!!!

Both Denon and Yamaha make great units. I wish I would have been more thought out when putting together my system. I bought a Yamaha htr 5150 which is a great HT receiver. I later replaced my old speakers with Klipsch all around, and now it is way to bright, bordering on harsh with the super accurate Klipsch. Now Im looking to purchase a new receiver, probably Denon or Onkyo to replace my Yammie. If you can, go to a shop that has your speakers and try both receivers with them and see what you think. You are the one who has to listen, not us. Good luck!