DVD player advice

Ugly

Does anyone have experience with the Pioneer DV656A DVD player? How does it compare with the other progressive scan DVD players out there. It seems to have an abundance of features for the price. I would rather not spend $700 or $1200 on a DVD player (Pioneer Elite 47, etc.) if the DV656A is comparable. What are the limitations, negatives of this player and are the more expensive models worth the extra $500+? My HT setup is listed below. Thanks in advance for your input.

Where to start, I went through this same thing. I ended up getting the Denon 2800, liked it at first, noticed the Chroma bug after a couple movies and then it started to skip for some reason. So I returned it and got the Denon DVD 1600, no chroma bug, and works great, VERY reasonably priced, $499 retail. You might want to look into the Denon, great unit!

The Pioneer Elite's have the chroma bug, so if that doesn't bother you then they are a great unit, a little "cheaply" built now compared to the older models I would say. Weigh practically nothing, thinner, almost HALF the size of the older ones. But they are still nice players.