Volume resetting on Klipsch R-26PF

Marcelino

Hi,

I am very annoyed by the Klipsch R-26PF, because every time I turn off my receiver, the volume on the R-26PF resets to a very low volume. 

This basically screws up with my surround balance tuning, and I have to redo it pretty much every time the R-26PF decides to reset their volumes. Did anyone else experience this? Is there any way to disable this reset "feature"?

Hi,

I am very annoyed by the Klipsch R-26PF, because every time I turn off my receiver, the volume on the R-26PF resets to a very low volume. 

This basically screws up with my surround balance tuning, and I have to redo it pretty much every time the R-26PF decides to reset their volumes. Did anyone else experience this? Is there any way to disable this reset "feature"?

No, its not. I used to plug the speakers to a TV, and every time I turned the TV off, the speakers would also reset to very low volume. 

Basically, every time I turned the TV on, I had to turn up the volume on the speakers themselves (using Klipsch's remote).

• 2 weeks later...

After about two weeks waiting for Klipsch's response, this is what they said (in case anyone else is annoyed by this as well):

Unfortunately the speakers have to come back on at a lower preset volume, after turned off, because of European regulations. The only way to avoid it is to put the speakers into installer mode which will make it so they never turn themselves off. Even if they are in installer mode the volume will reset if they are shut off manually.

Here are the instructions to put the speakers into installer mode.

1. When ON (any source except BT), press and hold encoder button. While holding, press “Sub Reset” on IR remote control to enter the Factory Reset/Demo Mode Select routine.
    1. Press and hold encoder button.
    2. While button is pressed, press “Sub Reset” on IR remote.
    3. Enter Factory Reset/Demo Mode Select routine (the system must default to Factory Reset/Consumer Mode)
  1. White (USB) LED flashes at 2.0 Hz (0.25s on, 0.25s off)
  2. User presses encoder button 1x to select the next mode.
  1. Purple (PHONO) LED flashes at 2.0 Hz (0.25s on, 0.25s off)
  1. Green (AUX) LED flashes at 2.0 Hz (0.25s on, 0.25s off)
    1. Red (OPTICAL) LED flashes at 2.0 Hz (0.25s on, 0.25s off)
    2. User presses encoder button 1x to select the next mode. (i.e. Consumer Mode)
  1. Confirm Factory Reset/Demo Mode
  1. Exit Factory Reset/Demo Mode Select

• 2 years later...
On 6/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, Marcelino said:

After about two weeks waiting for Klipsch's response, this is what they said (in case anyone else is annoyed by this as well):

Switching to Installer Mode seems to completely disable volume control and power button functionality via the remote. Anyone else expediting this?