refurb concerns

hilandbren

My budget will only allow for a new set of 2.1s or a set of refurbished 4.1s. I would, of course prefer the surround sound option, so my question is directed to the Klipsch people here.

I have seen a few disturbing comments on the refurbs in this forum. Can you tell me what quality control procedure they receive before being shipped out? Also, approximately what percentage are being returned as defective within the 90 days?

Thanks.

Where do you live? If there is a Sam Goody near you, you can get the 2.1's for $89, brand new with a warranty from Sam Goody (since the klipsch warranty would be void, non authorized dealer). Or if they are sold out, or you want to save more money, ask them to print out the price (they can do this even if they don't have any at that store) and bring that to Best Buy. They will beat the price by 15%, approx. Total is like $67 for the set of 2.1's with a 1 year warranty, add a few bucks to that and get a 4 year warranty. do that twice, getting 2, 2.1's, and now you have the 4.2, which is better sounding than the 4.1's (in the bass department at least).