Speaker Compatibility

Buddy

I am thinking about purchasing either the Klipschorn or LaScala speakers to upgrade my present system. I currently have the KLF 10 as my mains, KLF C7 center channel, IW 250 for my rears and two SW 10 subs. If I replace my mains with either the Klipschorn or LaScala speakers will my remaining speakers be compatible? Thanks.

If you move the KLF10's to the rear, it wouldn't be too bad with either the K-horns or the LaScalas. The C7 is probably not the best match for a center channel, a Heresy would be better. The in wall speakers won't keep up, and the subs won't keep up with K-horns.

I have K-horns and Heresy's in front with LaScalas in the rear and no subwoofer at the moment. When I had the LaScalas in front, I had a pair of KSW-10's that barely kept up. When I got the K-horns, I got rid of the subs, and don't miss them most of the time.

bud, like jt says, the legends will be ok but not the best such as a lascala or heresy for center.

also as he says on the sw. though many a/v digital receivers have a sub mode that sends only LFE to the subs. may want to try that & not use the subs for 2-channel music listening. or a 2-channel or a direct mode that doesn't use the subs is another option.