New sub with old receiver

Bill_L

Today I bought a KSW-12 sub, even though my present receiver doesn't have a 'sub out' on it. Do I just run the lest and right speaker connections from the receiver to the sub, then run the speakers off the sub?

Also, should speaker wire all be the same length? Like the 2 going to the sub should be same length as each other, and then the 2 from the sub to the speakers should be same length?

Bill - You are correct, sir! You'll connect your speakers to the sub. You will need to set the crossover on the sub to filter out the bass from going to the speakers. As a starting point, try setting the sub crossover to a value that is 2x the rated low frequency response of your speakers. Then, fiddle with the crossover/volume settings from there until it sounds smooth as the low frequencies transition from your sub to your mains.

As far as speaker wire length goes, I guess ideally they should be the same length, as you describe. That eliminates that as a point of "error." However, my ears would not be able to tell the difference, especially when we're talking about the speed of electrons through a wire.