Smart upgrades

marshall

So I bought r820s for the front to replace my eosone e400s and picking up a rc35 today. Was wondering what's a good next step, I'm running a Onkyo rz-810 receiver so I was thinking of upgrading my Klipsch sub 12. It's been ok but wasn't sure if adding something like a line conditioner mine be better to spend money on first. Eventually I want something like rp 280s for the fronts but that's down the road. Also at what point do people generally consider adding amps . I mostly just use it for home theater. Thanks in advance

Klipsch speakers use so little power outboard amps are pointless for additional power.  If you are doing it for sound quality, you should look at your receiver or Pre/Pro first. 

There is a thread in the forums describing the great positive benefits to the sound of a member's system from testing it with and without a power line conditioner, until he discovered he was only moving the power cord to the TV. 

There is a research paper on the effects of multiple subwoofers in a room.  It has been posted here a few times.  The cost/benefit seems to peak at 4 near the middle of each wall.  Two midwall, front and rear, is another good point.  I suggest you *add* a 15" sub next.  You'll get less bass distortion and more even bass throughout the room.