THX Ultra2 upgrade or not?

eu_viking

I’ve always been fascinated by the Klipsch THX Ultra2 system, although I’ve never had the chance to listen to it. I’ve now come across a demo set for a reasonable price, consisting of:

• 3 x KL-650 THX LCR front
  • 2 x KS-525 THX surround 
  • 2 x 7800-S THX surround
  • 2 x KW-120 THX subwoofer 12"
  • 1 x KA-1000 THX amplifier

My current HT system consists of:

• 3 x RF7 front
  • 2 x RS62 surround
  • 2 x RB81mk2 surround
  • 2 x KW-120 THX subwoofer
  • 1 x KA-1000 THX amplifier

I am wondering now, if this will be an upgrade at all ? Am I blinded by my long the desire for the Ultra2 set? Are the RF7/RS62 actually outperforming the KL650/KS525 in HT? 

• Like 1

I know you are not getting very many responses here but I would also be curious of people’s opinions.

I have all the Ultra speakers you listed, with a couple more surrounds and minus the subs. I obviously know what the Ultras sounds like but I have never owned RF-7’s, so I am of no help.

If you were located around the Seattle area, I would be more than happy to load up the 3 KL-650’s and bring them to your place, for a little A/B testing session..

Slim odds I know, but by throwing it out there, someone might live closer and be willing to do the same thing;)