Klipsch Quintets

Doc Holiday

Klipsch Quintets do a good job for PC use and in a very small roomfor HT use.

You need to cut them quite high since they dont reproduce anything below 80Hz,the ideal cutoff is a high 100Hz(you need a receiver with a variable cutoff to do this since most cut at 80Hz).

The Quintets are prone to upper bass colorations and some midrange colorations.When set up well the Quintets sound quite good with a inexpensive KSW12,when the setup stinks or the room acoustics dont favor the Quintets you get mixed results.

For what they cost and their size the Quintets are ok,if you want high quality in a micro package take a good look at Totem Acoustics,but be warned they cost a good deal more.PSB and Monitor Audio are also good alternatives.

Let me just add that if you are looking to use them for music also, I'd look at another Klipsch alternative - the Synergy System 6, composed of SB-1 bookshelfs, SC-.5 center (or SC-1 if you have the $), and the SS-.5 surrounds (with a sub, of course). They will do nicely for music and HT.

My Dad has a set of Quintets in a small TV room, about 12x12, and they are just fine. Doesn't use them for music.

DD

I've owned more speakers in the last year than most people do in a life time, from high end to piece of **** and middle of the road, and I've come to the prefrence of satalites and sub, bose doesn't have the punch i want in the ways of bass but the size is perfect, so i'm just looking at every company's smallest size speakers etc.