The Sixes plus R-120SW Sub

strorg

After years (decades) of not having a stereo setup, I've finally requisitioned a room in the house and outfitted it with the Sixes, a U-Turn TT and a Schiit pre-amp. My God,  I forgot what I was missing. I plan to move to a set of Heresys or Fortes in the not too distant future. In the meantime I couldn't pass up the R-120SW on sale for 224$. Probably a mis-match for the Sixes but I'd appreciate any guidance on where to start with the settings on the sub or other thoughts. I've got it connected and took it for a little spin. I'll be working this weekend on getting it tuned in a bit.

thanks...tom

I think the sub crossover frequency on the sub out jack of The Sixes is fixed so you can't adjust it.  Because of that I would connect it to the subwoofer's LFE input.

Set phase to 0 on sub.

Set gain or output level around 10 or 11 o'clock.  Adjust that level up or down while listening to some bass heavy music to set what sounds best to you as far as how it blends with your Sixes.

Enjoy!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks wuzzzer - the sub has low pass adjustment and gain adjustment. set both to about 10:00 with phase at 0. Have a good cable connected to LFE jack on sub and Sixes. Subwoofer adjustment (via remote) at mid-point on the Sixes. I'll go from there. Thanks for the advice.

Tom

• 2 months later...