Rp600m or r28f

Jmartinez81

Hey everyone! New to the forums and had a question I wanted to get some opinions on. I’m upgrading my surround system and decided to go with Klipsch for obvious reasons. The question I have is, I came across a pair of r28f towers with a matching 12” sub and a really nice pair of Rp600m’s with stands. These will me my main speakers in the new system and I’m wondering if it’s worth going with the 600m’s even though their $200 more than what I can get the 28f’s and sub for? I’ve been doing a ton of research, obviously the rp600’s have amazing reviews, but the towers have great reviews as well. I do have a 12” Yamaha sub that works fine, but I am planning on adding another. So.... thoughts?? Any idvice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult question : towers from an entry model line versus a Bookshelf from the Reference Premiere line.

I had the RP-160's and R26FA's and found the sound quality of the RP-160's superior to the R26FA's.

Using my experience with these I would say it depends of the size of your room and your prefered listening levels.
When the bookshelfs where Equalized with Audyssee their bass response was very deep because the amplifier compensated  by adding power to the lower frequencies.

As a consequence they could not play extremely loud because the limits of the woofer where reached sooner. Please note: they still played plenty loud 🙂

I would advice:

Small room and/or normal listening levels : RP600m

Large room and/or loud : R28f

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. That’s kind of what I’ve been seeing online as well. The room is 15x12 15 from the couch to the tv and 12 wide. I do like high volume for movies but I’m more concerned about the clarity and separation. I’ve heard the 600’s are still plenty loud and work well as mains in smaller rooms. My receiver is a 7.2 so I was planning on bi-amping the mains and running it as a 5.1 with the 240s’ and 500c until I get an Atmos receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk