Are my Klipsch S3M headphones fake?

Davro555

After 10 years of fantastic service from my S4 headphones, one of the earbuds stopped working so I decided to buy a new pair. I have an android phone so I tried to find a pair with Android support and landed on the Klipsch S3M-White-HP In-ear Headphone.

So I purchased the Klipsch S3M-White-HP In-ear Headphone and they are not as good as I have come to expect. They sound very tinny with very little bass I've come to expect from Klipsch products. In short not as good as the Klipsch S4 they are replacing. This is leading me to believe that these might be fake. Are there any tell tale signs I should look for? How can one generally tell that you have cheap alternatives?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you buy from an Authorized Dealer?

From Amazon Reviews:

I've owned a few Klipsch S4's and now I've bought a pair these S3's, so I thought I'd write a brief comparison between the two.

AUDIO QUALITY: The S3 is good for listening to speech, has good bass and full-range, but not good clarity. For the price, it's what you expect. The Klipsch Image S4i-II is much better. Clear sound, good bass, comparable to $100+ headphones. If you're used to $10-$20 headphones, the S3M will be an improvement.