Klipsch RF-52 ii

adebalko

I have a pair of Klipsch RF-52 ii and really enjoy them. I feel like a made a poor decision when I purchased the speakers, as I went to Best Buy and purchased a Marantz NR1605 AVR receiver. I have no intentions of building a home theatre. I mostly use these speakers for music listening and every now and again a movie. I am now searching for a two channel receiver. One of the reasons I purchased the Marantz was due to the streaming capabilities. Basically, I am searching for the right two channel receiver to power the speakers, but I would like USB with internet capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

@adebalko,

Welcome to the forum.

A couple of suggestions here that should fit the bill.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrn803bl/yamaha-r-n803-2-ch-x-100-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtm7/integra-dtm-7-2-ch-x-100-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

I don't think either of the two I linked to will have any trouble driving your speakers, especially the Yamaha.

Bill

13 minutes ago, adebalko said:

I guess the other thing to consider is if it would improve the sound coming from the Klipsch speakers.

From my experience, for "best" stereo sound, you need a quality stereo specific receiver, integrated amp, or preamp/amp combo.  In most cases,  you will extract better stereo performance with any of those mentioned over most multichannel AVRs.  Your mileage may vary of course.

Bill