Home Theater Using Epic Speakers

FreddieB

Hello to everyone,

Despite being a member of the Klipsch community for sometime now this is my first post to the forum.  I have read many posts on the web knocking the final year production of the Epic line of speakers.  I take exception to that line of thinking.   While they may not match the performance of the first two versions, I still think they are far better sounding than many of the current speakers on the market including some from Klipsch.  I started out with the CF1 model as my front speakers but quickly decided to go all out purchasing the CF4's for the front, moving the CF1's to the surround position.  I then added the KV4 at the center and finished my home theater with a pair of KSW200 subwoofers.   Twenty-two years later and still in pristine condition they are still the backbone of my entertainment system.  Anyone that has been to my house and heard them has been impressed by their performance many saying that they are the best sounding speakers they ever heard.  I listen to many types of music and as long as the recording is well done the speakers never fail to put a smile on my face.  Thank you Klipsch!

• Moderators

Welcome

On 2/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, FreddieB said:

I have read many posts on the web knocking the final year production of the Epic line of speakers. 

Was that the model that they had some glue problems with?

If so it wouldn't be a big deal to fix, if they sound good that's all that matters. Your right they are probably better than many speakers out there. 

• Thanks 1

I hope I didn't come off as being arrogant.  I'm proud to have any Klipsch speaker in my system and could never afford to replace them with newer high end models.  Even though I have a surround sound setup I mostly just use the CF4's for music which is my main passion.  And thank you for the welcome!