RC-7 drivers for low and high

Dombo

So the RC-7 has two drivers: one that plays high frequencies and one that plays lows. I gather this from Klipsch's specs:

"The RC-7 center channel features Klipschs version of 2.5-way crossover technology, called tapered-array. With tapered-array, the two Cerametallic woofers work together to deliver high impact bass with one driver transitioning out at the mid-range frequencies. This provides more consistent coverage across the listening field, less tonal error and improved dialogue intelligibility."

"HIGH FREQUENCY CROSSOVER: 550Hz and 1950Hz " Can someone spoon feed what this means to me?

So, when I hear the speaker working the left cone will be playing low Hz and the right will be playing High Hz. I hope this is correct because when I move my ear from the left woofer to the right woofer, I can hear "more" from the right woofer. I only hear low tones from the left woofer. Just making sure everyrthing is working properly, so if anyone has the same effect please let me know.

Everything is cool with your RC7.

Think of it in terms of both drivers being full range and the Low Frequency side of the crossover is a 2 way crossover in it's own way.

Both drivers work together, but the right one plays low bass to high mid and the left one just plays low bass and mid.

The extra sound your hearing is the extended upper middle frequencies in the right driver.

They do that in order to take complete advantage of using 2 full range drivers in the di-Appolito array.

It has to do with things like phase cohersion, coverage area, operation effeciency, ect.

I hope that helped answer your question.

I actually took my first RC7 back becuase I thought it was broke for this very same reason. 9.gif

Then I took my second one back because it had a dent on one of the cones from the INSIDE OUT.

Still, haven't figured that one out.

This 3rd one seems to be fine.

Going on 1 year strong.10.gif

Enjoy your system.