RF-7 II Bi-Amp with an Active Crossover

I'm interested in bi-amping my RF-7 II's.  I have a dbx DriveRack PA2 that will be my DSP & active crossover in this setup so I can specifically split which frequencies will go to which amp.

As far as setup is just removing the jumpers between the 2 sets of posts sufficient or do I need to remove the internal passive crossover entirely from the speaker?

My existing 2-channel amp is a Marantz MM7025, and I'm considering maybe getting a low-ish power tube amp to drive the highs on these.

Any thoughts?  Advice?  Is this even a good idea?

1 hour ago, PlasmaChroma said:

As far as setup is just removing the jumpers between the 2 sets of posts sufficient or do I need to remove the internal passive crossover entirely from the speaker?

You will need to bypass the internal crossover when converting to full active. I suggest labeling the internal wires to the woofers and tweeters, disconnecting those wires, then adding new wires (and wire clamps) that will connect the woofers to the woofer amp and different color wires from the tweeters to their amp. This way, you can easily return the speaker to its original condition, if and when you decide to upgrade.  

• Thanks 1