How do I find the crossover setting for my receiver?

Detroit Kid

dk, i'd say there's about a 99% chance its 80hz, both high pass to the speakers set small & low pass to the sub outs. of course if you set any speakers large they bypass the crossover &

play to their full range. but then you probably will get muddy bass because your large speaks & sub are interfering w/ each other across the same freq range.

i have a sony de935 in the bedroom & know its 80hz. thought it said so in the manual. plus 80hz is usually it (though yamaha uses 90hz) because thx used that as their standard for small satellite speakers & sub.

i know, if we have bigger speaks/woofs that sucks. that's why its my biggest peeve w/ many receiver makers. 7.gif

"You da audiophile!"

i just got into digital, surround a few years ago. but i'm on my 3rd receiver/prepro. so i learned about stuff like this first hand & from research (this is a great info source for one).

but i'm sure many here are tired of me harping on this adjustable crossover & bass mgmt thing. 14.gif so ideally you need to demo & experiment w/ settings at your place. iow, everybody's ears & tastes are different. the bass mgmt may not even be that much of a biggy for you.

Boa

Stop being so modest, you know "You da audiophile." I have learned a lot from your input on this site.

Huhuru

My System

Klipsch KLF 20s

Klipsch KLF C-7

Klipsch RS-7s Surrounds

Sub SVS SV20-39Pci

Receiver Yamaha RX-V800

TV Mitsubishi CS 40509 40 Tube

DVD Sony S560

VCR Toshiba M-65

FM Antenna Terk Pro 50

Wish List:

Yamaha RX-V3200 or RX-V3300

10.gif10.gif

thanks men. glad if i can help. just try to be frank w/ my opinions yet i've learned to tread more lightly. 2.gif hard to help sometimes w/o stepping on toes. 2.gif

but i'm an activist on this crossover adjustability issue w/ our big speaks. some in the industry must wake-up. that adjustability in the dsp crossover is really a low cost feature too. that was the main feature that 1st drew me to b&k. then i heard them w/ klipsch. 2.gif