Upgrading question....

Xuhqtionerr

So I believe I am getting ready to head down a slippery slope.  I currently am running the reference line rf28(l&r) and the 25c for center.   I am debating on going up to rp280, and rp450s.  So the question is..... is the upgrade going to be that significant??? I have been happy with what I have had so far, and the old statement of ignorance is bliss pops up in my head.  I just feel like I’m missing out on something. Has anyone made that leap?  Was it substantial?   All I ever owned/heard before this was htib shenanigans. Help!!

Its a bit hard to explain. Its kinda like a "you have to experience it to know" type of situation. What I can remember from listening to both of them is that the RP gives a cleaner and more natural high and mid. The lows I felt were "better" in the sense that I felt more enveloped by the woofers even though both RP-280F and R-28F were run with the same amp, song, volume and all. 

With every speaker, you should always listen before buying. When I bought my system, it was all down to the RP-280F or the R-28F. When listening to both of them separately, I feel the RP is the obvious choice, not to take anything away from the R-28F though! My point of view is that upgrading to the RP line when you already have the reference line might not be worth it. Just my opinion.  

Your money might be better spent on surrounds and atmos if thats something you want.