Speaker Recommendations

PaulE

I do alot of research on different components, and am surprised at the almost total lack of respect Klipsch speakers seem to be getting.....Following is the typical list of recommendations I come across, when folks are trying to stock their HT with 5-6 speakers for under 1K$ and is copied from a post:

Psb Alpha AV setup (combine smaller rears for cost savings)

Paradigm Atom or Mini Monitor setup (as above)

B&W DM302 setup

NHT Super One and smaller rears like the Super Zero

Other bookshelf setups like Mirage FRx setup, Energy e:XL or Encore setup

So, why no Klipsch? Are these other brands really worthy of more attention than Klipsch? I have a Synergy set around SB3s and am extremely happy, and cant imagine those others are really better....Can someone explain?

I can't really explain, except to say that I don't think that audio mags and the like have ever given Klipsch the proper respect. Also, part of the problem is that there are so many mfg. of speakers anymore, it is hard to include all of them. One recent exception is from a Sound & Vision review of the Reference series. They gave it "GLOWING" reviews. Kind of nice to read as a long time Klipsch owner.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW10 X 2 : subwoofers

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

Salespeople are people--they have to make money. It is easier to sell someone something that they have heard of or have seen somewhere else. Since Klipsch doesn't advertise like some other companies, their name doesn't get around (when is the last time you saw Klipsch's in a comercial). Of all the stereo shops in my hometown there is only one that sells Klipsch! So somebody comes in and their looking at Blouses (speakers that is), hey--SELL EM TO EM! This happened to me when I bought my first set of Klipschs' (the salesman ask me if I would consider B&O's), glad I did'nt bite.

Couple this with the fact that there have been some problems (like with the KLF 30's coming apart), and the standard black ash finish not being so very attractive (WAF) and dealors not stocking full lines & so on and so forth--it is easier to MAKE THE SALE!

Anyway, no matter where you look, here we are! Be happy with what you have and be jealous about the rest. Can't wait to see what people have to say about the new refs (1 more month). Hope they don't come apart like the KLF's.