Phone Scammers

Coytee

I know there was a fairly recent thread (I started it I think) about this....but, frankly, I'm too tired to search for it so thought I'd just start anew.

I'm giggling on this one.  Same people calling me back about my extended warranty on my car (which is 20 years old).

As a preface:  I've been working over the phone now for 30+ years so you're not going to "take charge" of the conversation if I don't want you to and I'm not going to be intimidated by anything you say.

So, got to the sales gal and thought I'd carry a story for while just to see how far I could take her.  Usually they hang up on me because my voice gets REALLY sarcastic with them.  This time, I decided to tone it down a bit....  she got to the final cost (about $3,300 for those who are curious) when I decided to come clean with her.

She told me during the call that if I chose NOT to buy the plan today, it would be gone "forever"....  so I asked her since they call me 3-4 times per week, what's to stop me from just jumping on the next train?  She maintained this was the "first" time they've spoken with me (it's not).  I clarified that to her and she re-clarified back to me that it WAS the first time they've actually spoken with me about this...  So, I had to apologize to her, letting her know I didn't want to hurt her feelings but, I HAVE spoken with them several times before and that was exactly why I was wasting her time tonight....  maybe she'd put me on their DNC list...

During that, (as she was preparing to hang up on me)  She said Sir.....  SIR.....  you have NOT wasted my time....  you spoke with me for 10 minutes and now I'm 10 minutes closer to leaving for the day!!!

I had to smile & be a bit amused by that one so I told her "Well done!!!"  

Then of course, she hung up on me.