Kg2s for home theater

petetheaxe

I searched this forum to find what speakers I could use with my kg2s.I found one post over a year old that said to use kg1.2 for the rears or ss1s.It said to use kv2 or kv3 for the center.Does this sound right or are there better options?The kg2s are 4ohm, should I worry about this when I go looking for a new receiver?Thanks for any ideas.

There is also a shielded version of that speaker you could use for your center, the 1.2v or 2.2v, if you can find one. That would give you a nice match, possibly better than the KV-2 or KV-3. Those 2, though, are also very good matches.

Yes, those would be the best matches and you'll have to find them used via Ebay or another board member or something like that.

Most good receivers, with adequate amps in them, will handle the 4ohm load just fine. So, if you stay with the good names you shouldn't have any trouble. There have been a number of recent threads about which receivers to look at -- check the Home Theater forum on this site.

DD

• 2 weeks later...

The speakers at 4 ohms are going to mean that they are going to get more power. If i were you I would go with the kg2.2's for fronts and your kg2's for rears and something like kv2 for center.... i'm not a fan of the kg2.2's though, i had a pair, and to make them sound better.... i know this is a stretch, but i took them apart, redrilled the crossover board and wired the whole thing with monster xp cable, then if you place them high up... on there sides with out the grills on thats where you will get the best sound out of these speakers.