I'm tired of being a "cool newbie" !!

pgh

It would be interesting to find out. I guess a person who buys Bo$e is not interested in sound fidelity, but in hype (an arctic seal knows exactly what they want). I believe that each member has something to post and contribute, whether it is a jocose point of view or an encyclopedia of technical know-how. I enjoyed your recent post to address a young lad that rudely interrupted a nice thread; it was a subtle lexical arrow, witty and humorous. Never heard of the perpetrator again (must have been a Bo$e owner)

Yes, BBB Im ignoring that last post! hehehe. Hey did you catch that Altavoz called me SUBTLEhaha LOL LOL LOL, snicker, snort.

Anyway, I still couldnt find the article about the seals, but Less left this by the coffee pot.

Norwegian Scientists Complete Double Blind Study

Intrigued by the recent discovery of a colony of Arctic penguins, Norwegian scientists, lead by the renown ornithologist Altavoz, set forth to quantitatively compare the intelligence level between this species of birds and one of the lower forms of homo sapiens, namely Bose-boughti Ignoramus. They initially hypothesized that this species of penguins must possess highly developed cerebral functions as they successfully navigated from the ice fields of Antarctica, to the Northern Polar Circle. They believe that the penguins possibly stopped off the coast of Britain for a time. If so, this would confirm the existence of Alca (Penguin Island).

Since the motivational stimuli are so dis-similar between birds and human species, different test scenarios were established for the men and birds. For the penguins, the motivational stimuli was hunger and for the human subjects, it was audio enjoyment. The penguins were offered brightly colored food cakes having no nutritional value at one easily accessible corner of the testing facility, and highly nutritious foodstuffs were available at other locations within the lab area. However; these items were very difficult to reach. Similarly, the human subjects were offered small compact stereo listening devices in bright and shiny packages that provided no sonic quality, while considerably larger, but high quality devices were available in less accessible areas.

Not surprisingly, all of the penguins sampled the non-nutritive fare only once,and then conquered every obstacle the scientists had established to reach the quality food items. On the other hand, the vast majority of the human test subjects repeatedly selected the compact audio devices, without ever trying the quality devices. A strange phenomenon was observed in those subjects (less than 25 percent) which used the high quality audio devices. When placed in close proximity of the smaller devices again, these subjects proceeded to bash the devices against the walls of the testing facility. After observing these events the scientists decided to place the Arctic Penguins in the human test lab. Within seconds, the penguins began bashing the small cubes with their beaks until all of the Bose speakers were completely destroyed. The scientists, being so impressed with the results of this study, established the following foundation to ensure the safety of these incredibly intelligent birds.

Save the Arctic Penguin

So in other words the study reinforced the accepted theory that, regardless of species , an animal that thinks with its head to avoid the yellow snow outside the laboratory will always have to deal with the fact that frozen birds just dont fly. Thus the saying straighten up and fly right instills no fear to a group of penguins stuck on an iceberg with a bunch of blind, candy bar munching Bose speaker owners. Hmmmmm. Ill have to remember that one.4.gif

Stick with me BuBBa, I can tell you things that you never believed were possible. Of course, it doesn't mean they really are possible. But what the flock..of penguins that is.2.gif

Well, I gotta go, Its getting close to time to go home and crank up the Bose Wave radio...oops, I meant the Klipsch. And where did I put that almond joy bar that you sent me? 9.gif