Quintet replacement tweets and woofs

I purchased some quintets out of the 3 pairs I got 1 pair were fine. The other two need woofers and one speaker needs a tweeter. I know I can get them through Klipsch but I'm looking for either a upgrade woofer or oem match. Plus I think the replacements are a bit pricey. I also need grills for these two pairs. Are the promedia speakers the same just a different connector or are they entirely different. Thanks In advance. P.S. has anybody messed much with these "baby Klipsches" 2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I own the quintets. And i have messed around with these baby's as you call them. The promedia's are actually a smaller speaker but they have banna plugs but they use a different piece of speaker cale. As far as I am aware, there are no ugrade woofers or tweeters. they probably will be expensive to fix though. My question to you is how did they get wrecked and how are they missing grills etc. The other thing if there are ugrade woofers and tweeters, you will probably have to change the cross over and the tweeter, so its basically like just using the encasement... which is preety worthless, if the woofers and tweeters and grills cost more than $39.00 to fix two than just throw them away and go to ubid.com and buy them. Everyone I tak to has paid $39.00 for the pair at ubid, so I would go that route if it costs more, unless you are really emtionally attached to your specific speakers.

They were like this when I got them I wish I knew what happened to them. I'm guessing to much bass. Anyhow you have a point I think I'll maybe just figure I have some parts then and call it a learning experience. At least I got two that work out of the deal. No if they were my ksb 3.1's or my Heresy 2's than I might have to get a bit emotional1.gif

• 4 months later...

Well I finally found some cheap woofers for my quintets. After toying with the idea of fitting 4" speakers in their place. Good old Parts Express came through again. They have these little bravox speakers that with a little modifying to the screw holes fit right in. I think they sound just as good as the originals if not better. And they are cheap I used the 6ohm version and they look cool. The tweeters sound a bit brighter but I am not going to complain. They can't be driven hard but the quintets in their original form could'nt either. If somebody is has a pair of grills then I would be set.