Klipsch RP3 + HT setup

kidproquo

Hi, I got a pair of awesome RP3s from Ubid. They sound great! I am a newbie into the great world for sound. And I am glad I started off with Klipsch.

Got a few questions for the Klipsch gurus. I am planning to expand my setup to a proper 5.1 system. Right now, I have a stereo setup with the RP3s. My receiver is a Kenwwod VR-6070 (THX certified).

Which speakers would you suggest for back surrounds and center channel? Please remember that I am a student and hence my budget is limited. I was thinking of going for the Quintets for back surround. Would that be a good option? For the center channel, I am pretty clueless. I know timber matching is gonna be pretty important in this. Which center channel would u guys suggest? The RC3 II? I checked out the RC3 prices and I found one for 216$ at CrazyEddie.com. Is this a good deal?

I hope this doesn't sound too basic for u guys to answer :-). Anyway, I have become a Klipsch fan for life!

Thanx.1.gif

kpq, welcome & good to hear you dig that klipsch sound.

the rc-3 is THE or automatic timbre/voice matched center speak. if you get it from an unauthorized online dealer it won't have a direct warranty from klipsch though. ubid may have some rc-3 pop up there as klipsch has the new rc-3 II out now, & use ubid as their only authorized online dealer for discontinueds' clearance. iow, there you have the direct klipsch factory warranty.

as for surrounds, the rs-3 is the automatic lower priced matching choice. rb-3 would also work fine. but whether you want to use wdst (wide dispersion) speaks or direct radiating speaks like rb-3, rb-5, rf-3 or even another pair of rp is up to your own ear tastes & budget.

you may also want to check w/ some of the authorized klipsch dealers. they may give you a big discount if they have those like the rc-3 & rs-3 since the newer II series are out.