Scaled down Heresy's?

PocketRocket

It could be done, but with great effort and error.

Basically you'd have to buy a few Heresy's and take you the mid and tweeter and crossover. Then select a smaller woofer and build and design a small box for the woofer with an eye for the typical 80 Hz cross over freq of HT systems.

I don't see any cost effective way of doing this otherwise. It would take a lot of scrounghing around to re-create the components of a Heresy and then the effort of building a proper crossover.

I'd say to you should just find a way of living with the bulk of the Heresy's.

Gil

• Like 1

If space is not an issue, just buy Heresys for the back channels. It will be cheaper. If you watch eBay for a while, you may be able to get a pair for around $300 plus shipping.

Even if you are going to build small Heresys, I think the cheapest way is going to be to buy some Heresys, throw away the the cabinets, sell the woofers and squawker horns and build from there.

To get the same overall sound from the smaller box, I think you will have to use the same squawker (K-55-V, K-53-K, etc.), tweeter (K-77, T35A, etc.), and crossover (C, E, E2, etc.) as you have in you front speakers. If you use the stock K-400 or K-401 squawker horn, you won't be able to reduce the depth of the cabinets, so you will have to use a different horn lens. There are lots out there that will fit. But you will have to find one that will go down to the crossover frequency or lower.

I think you biggest problem will have is finding a smaller woofer that matches the efficiency of the Heresy woofer.

Sounds like a big job, but it could be fun. Let us know how it goes.