Opinions on options

shoe11

I'm still very torn on whether or not to upgrade to the RF-7's from the 3's. I know that the 7's are wonderful, but with the RSW-12/RF-3 combo I presently have, I'm just not sure if that purchase would provide to me the greatest improvement in sound quality for my upgrade dollars. I'd love any opinions people have regarding the following scenario I provide below. Pros/cons to the equipment/plans I'm considering are all appreciated as well as any other brands/solutions that I should consider.

~shoe

Issue #1

1) Upgrade the RF-3's to RF-7's.

or

2) Keep the RF-3's and create a dedicated 2 channel seperates setup for them. (Retaining the Denon for HT).

Issue #2 (Assuming the answer to the first issue is to keep the RF-3's)

1) Go the integrated amplifier route with either a Bryston B-60 or Rotel RA-1070/1060 with either a Rega Planet CD or Rotel RCD-1070.

or

2) A dedicated preamp, dedicated power amp, and CD.

Power amp choices would be one of the following with most likely the same company's stereo preamp:

Bryston 2B-LP

Bryston 3B-SST

Rotel RB-1050/1070/1080 series

B&K

or

3) Go tubes. Perhaps a Jolida 801A, with one of the CD players mentioned earlier.

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

No real rush for me to upgrade the RF-3's at this time. I'm just taking my time to make sure that the upgrades are meaningful in terms of improving my listening experience. Right now I'm thinking of upgrading my primary source (CD) and associated interconnects and upgrading to the 7's. After that would come a pre/power amp setup or an integrated piece. Besides if I do it that way I can continue to enjoy the research/buying decisions I'm having fun with now. 3.gif

Thanks again

~shoe