SB-2 WITH RC-3... good match? need advice for HT setup

doubler

I am setting up my first 5.1 HT (well I have a cheapo pro-logic system now) and I am considering the SB-2'S wall mounted and rc-3 center. I just went and listened at a dealer and they had both the sc-1 and rc-3 centers and I listen to them with the SB-3'S. Both sounded good, and I thought the rc-3 was better of course, because it is bigger, and we all know bigger is better! Really tho, the RC-3 is only 50 bucks more and would seem to be more bang for the buck? Anybody else have and opinion on this? I know that the SC-1 is the match for the SB line. I just cant' see buying the RB-5 has it is a lot more money and don't know if I could tell the difference. (my wallet would tho!) want to go with a smaller front speaker and a SUB. SB-2 FRONTS AND RC-3 CENTER is what I am considering.

any thoughts or advice would be helpful as I am itching to upgrade to a 5.1 system...thanks

doubler - While I'm always a fan of more bang for the buck, it may not always be better. In this case, you may find that the RC-3 overshadows the SB-2s. The SC-1 was designed to complement the SB's as part of the Synergy series, meaning it is probably a better tonal match than the RC-3. What you are looking for is as seamless a transition as possible as sounds moves left-center-right. What you need to do is listen to both the SC-1 and RC-3, with the SB-2s, using a soundtrack that pans across the front (cars going by, etc...). Since your dealer has both, that shouldn't be too hard.

Let us know what you decide!

Doug

I have decided to go with the RB-5's or RB-3's when they come out. I am searching for a good deal on the RB-5'S. Have found some good deals, but since I live in alaska shipping is going to be a factor. Most places will only ship two-day air here. Oh well it's just money...anybody recommend a good online store on the west coast? I would buy them from the local dealer but they wont' budge from full retail. thanks for the advice