Powergate USB Audio

fish1856

So I've had an issue with my Powergate twice now.   When I first got it, it was hooked up to a Mac via USB, worked great.  Then 1 day the mac stopped detecting that it was there, not a huge issue, I hooked it up via toslink and all was good again.   I have since moved and decided to give it another try, same thing happened, I had it hooked up and it worked fine.  Then one day it just was no longer detected.   I tried it with a windows computer and same deal, install the driver uninstall everything, the computer will just not detect that it's there.   Wondering if anyone has come across this issue and if there is a fix.   I should mention that all other inputs work like a champ, this is just limited to the USB input.

This is a Longshot but may help you. There are issues with the Realtek audio drivers, typically after automated updates. Do not download the driver from the proprietary websites like Dell, but instead go to www.realtek.com and look for the correct driver here. 

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

12 hours ago, fish1856 said:

That's what I initially thought as well, I'll give it another shot.  But when the computer isn't even acknowledging that it is even there is the bigger problem.

My Dell XPS 8930 would not even detect my earphones when I plugged them in. I thought it was a hardware malfunction. I even broke open the pc to have a look. 

Then, after much research, I installed the Realtek drivers (not from Dell!) from Realtek.com and presto, the earphones were back...

These Audio HD drivers seem to creep into every corner of your OS and mess things up if you install the wrong ones. I think it has to do with security issues among other things. 

You also may want to try this solution:

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type device manager into the Windows search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the computer if prompted. If not prompted, sometimes you have to restart, sometimes not.

So I re-installed the offical realtek drivers.  No Joy.

I should clarify this a bit more, I was running the USB to 3 different computers.   A Mac mini, surface book 2, and my work Thinkpad.  The powergate is not being detected by all 3 computers.   The mac doesn't even use the realtek driver or the powergate driver that Klipsch offers, it's just plug and play.   All 3 worked great for a month and then all of a sudden the USB port is no longer detected by all 3 of them.