Marantz SR-7000 or Denon 3300?

afraid

When i replace my receiver in six months, it will be down to these two. I will have compleated the Klipsch synergy six by then and will buy a new one. Im leaning to the marantz because i have heard of bad fan problems with the denon.

Which would sound better? I cannot demo these,not sold anywhere close by. Please help me. I will purchase these online too. Only choice, please reccommend a good online retailer.

I have a Denon 3300 - heating and fan have not been a problem. Just give it plenty of space for air to circulate around it. The fan, when it runs, slows down during quiet passages.

Unless you don't have adequate space for the Denon (4 inches clearance on sides/top/back), I wouldn't rule it out simply because of what you've heard about the fan.

Be sure and buy from somewhere with a good return policy (buy 'em both and send back the one you don't want), and where you won't have a warranty problem. These are elecronic items - not something you can fix yourself with a glue gun or a replacment part.

Doug