G28B - Mounting holes too small

greg4168

Hi - I bought a mounting bracket to mount my G28B speakers to the side of my TV.  The two mounting holes (plus signs) are too small for the peg on the mounting bracket to fit through, so they keep falling off the bracket.  Can't move them up, down, or sideways to lock in.  Only thing I can think to do is grab a screwdriver or something and start chipping away at the holes.  Anyone else have a similar problem?  What did you do?

Thanks

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Edited by greg4168
Added photos

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Dremel tool. MUCH better option. If you don't have one, get one. Over the years I've gotten to the point I use mine frequently for all sorts of things. These bits will do it clean, neat and quick.

Good to know.  Hoping someone has a magic trick that'll get it done without having to alter the speakers.  Will keep this in mind.  Thanks.

G

Got mine for Christmas 15 years ago or so. My wife asked me what it was good for. I said just do it and watch. She became a fan. WAY too useful to list here. Just used my router attachment to do a smooth, precision 1/8" wide and 1/4" deep slot in a 17" workpiece I made to replace a glass shelf in my fridge where the plastic mount had broken. Easy, a MUCH cheaper than buying another fridge.
As to altering the speakers, I thought you said the pegs were too large? This should fix that without alteration to them.

Dave

1 minute ago, Mallette said:

Got mine for Christmas 15 years ago or so. My wife asked me what it was good for. I said just do it and watch. She became a fan. WAY too useful to list here. Just used my router attachment to do a smooth, precision 1/8" wide and 1/4" deep slot in a 17" workpiece I made to replace a glass shelf in my fridge where the plastic mount had broken. Easy, a MUCH cheaper than buying another fridge.

Dave

Cool but is it the best way to get my speakers to stay attached and not fall off?  I just ordered one from Amazon, worth a try....thx