Club meeting at my place taught me a lot ...

skaloumbakas

Dear friends,

A week ago, I had the honor and the pleasure of hosting the monthly A.C.A. meeting at my humbled place. That was a special evening for me since a lot of people (32 to be exact) turned out which created extraordinary conditions for my Genesis/Rowland/Gabriel system, performing in a listening room with very large volume, crowded with people and an unavoidable high background noise.

meet02-7_tables.jpgmeet02-7_capstan4s.jpgmeet02-7_backs.jpg

Several aspects of this meeting as far as preparations from my part, music listening program, listening comments from the Club's reviewing team and some technicalities written by me, are included in a page at http://aca.gr/meet02-7.htm.

I think you will find many things interesting there.

Cheers

Nice.

Talk about an "event"!

All of those people I'm sure, played complete havoc on the room acoustics.

I'm familiar with your speakers. A very fast, detailed sound. It's hard to imagine them not sounding anything short of stellar.

This kind of environment is certainly not condusive to any sort of serious listening. This kind of meeting is best suited for showing the system, and some general discussion -- as the emphasis will most definitely be in the fellowshipping, and the enjoyment of each other's company. Some listening would be in order, but maybe more casually -- so those who have interest can get a general impression of the signature and capabilities of the system. Any type of serious review is out of the question.

The system has been built to your taste. It matters not what others think. Others can offer opinions on what they believe will create improvement in the sound -- but that does not ensure that once implemented, you will find so much an improvement -- but merely a lateral shift in the signature. Of course, as always -- it's purely subjective.

Meetings should be for 'talk', and the pure enjoyment of being together -- sharing in a common interest. If a review, or serious evalutation is the goal -- it is probably best to confine this sort of thing to a handful of people, and preferably -- several who achieve sonic bliss in completely different ways.

Very well put DEANG but still, they were times with complete silence believe it or not, especially during the Classical Program from vinyl (after the dinner...) during the late hours.

And although some times I was getting nervous with some talking (I did a lot of preparations to avoid that...) my overall impression for the results was very satisfactory.