Is this suposed to be this complicated?????

mavila

HT lovers, I want to make this simple. I have a pair of KG 3.5 as front speakers

a SC-1 as center and need to get surrounds. I know that all these speakers are suppose to match , now what the hell should I do!!!!(should I get some SF-1 OR SP-1 for the front and SS-1 for the back and what the hell with my KG 3.5 ????

also I heard that setting the speakers to small gives better sound than to large, ????

Mitsubishi 48 HDTV

SONY receiver

Toshiba Progressive DVD

RCA 12" SW

GameCube :)

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ADVICE!!!

Miguel

9.gif9.gif14.gif12.gif11.gif8.gif3.gif1.gif4.gif4.gif

I like the SS-1s; I say buy them and be happy.

Having matching speakers in your system helps create the illusion that you are seated in the middle of the action. It is not precisely required. I get very good performance from 4 La Scalas and a KLF-C7 for a center. With most people, money doesn't grow on trees and they must buy theor gear in stages. If you like the KG 3.5, keep them and add the SS-1s. If, later on, you find the KGs don't mesh well with the rest, replace them with SF-1s, but try it first. There's no reason the throw away good speakers.

BTW, Don't forget a sub. I tried to get by without them for a while, but HT demands at least one. There is lots of bass energy you will miss without a specialized speaker just for it.