KLF-30's for Sale - Black Satin - NW Indiana

mace

Hi,

I have a pair of KLF-30's for sale. I'm the original owner and these were purchased in May of 2001. They are in absolutely mint condition and still under warrenty (5 year from purchase date). You could not tell these from new. They perform subperbly and I've had no problems with them. I've never overdriven them (don't have enought power) and I've never clipped my amp using them. They have been used in a 2 channel system and I usually listen at 80-100 dB.

I live in Indiana and am willing to deliver within 2-3 hour radius (includes Chicagoland and Indy), but obviously you may wish to pick up if you are close enough to give a listen before buying. I will ship if needed but buyer pays shipping (these are around 100 lbs/pc).

The speakers come with all original boxes, manuals, spikes and HF to LF gold plated bridges.

Pics available upon request (I'll put up a quick web site if there is any interest).

I wanted to give a board member a chance at them first, otherwise it's ebay or audiogone.

These went for $1800/pair new and I got them from a authorized dealer for $1425. I'm looking to get most of this back.

Thanks! Email mace@mac.com if interested!

Mace

Please email me at mace@mac.com if interested. This BB is sorta flakey and not so reliable at times. Plus, I check my email much more often than the private message account here.

For complete pictures, check out this site. It shows all corners (excpet lower rear, I couldn't get back there), front, back and grills. These speakers are absolutely mint.

Thanks!

Mace

Well, we'd all like to get back what we put in -- but it don't work that way. The general rule of thumb for near mint, used speakers -- is 40% off the retail price. This is the standard at both AudiogoN and eBay.

So, basically $1100.

There are some RF7's for sale right now on the forum for about the same price -- and they retail for $2200. There is also an ENTIRE KLF home theatre setup for $1800.

Dean, I agree with you all the way. For new equipment, one rarely gets back close to the full amount when selling. Used is a different story (and doesn't apply here) with quality gear.

Actually, $1100 is really about at my bottom limit (1100/1425 = 77% = most of $1425). My point with my comment about "getting back most of what I put into them" was that I wasn't looking to get rid of them ASAP because I'm strapped for cash etc. so, no, these won't be the deal of a lifetime if someone is interested. I will consider all reasonable offers, though.

For the record, these are not near mint, these are mint by definition. You couldn't tell them from new. Well, I suppose some folks could tell by listening since these are broken in and all...

I've had some offers I would've taken but the deals fell through for one reason or another. They are still available.

I saw those RF-7's for cheap and thought "doh"!!! Now mine will never sell here!

Mace