Multi plug speakers from 2 receivers

dandagenais

Hey folks! Didn't know how to describe this exactly, but here goes. I have a home theater with a Onkyo TX-NR595 and plugged in Klipsch all arround (center, 2 fronts, 2 surround and sub). BTW sounds amazing. Still working on calibration to get the best our of my set-up, but very satisfied. Already thinking about upgrading...lolll another story. Anyway, my question here is:  I have another receiver (Denon AVR1912), in another room that is connected to 4 different sets of speakers for Audio only. I want to bring wires from this Audio Denon receiver to two of my Home Theater speakers (the Klipsch R-51's). These are already wired through my Onkyo Home theater set-up. Can I insert a second pair of wires on them? I wouldn't play both receivers at the same time obviously. Either my Audio would play them or my Home Theater. PLease let me know if you are knowlegeable on this.... thanks a million in advance!! Dan

Welcome Dan, sounds like you want to connect two power sources to one pair of speakers. Do not connect two sets of wires to one speaker. There is a way, I use the same tower speakers for HT and 2 channel listening. I use a Niles SPK-1 speaker switch. A pair of speaker wires from your Onkyo and another pair of speaker wires from your Denon all connect to the switch, and the switch connects to your R-51s. It's switched by a trigger connected to one of your receivers.