Synergy SF-2 as rear surrounds?

mmiles

I'm thinking about an early Christmas present. Either RF-3II or RF-5 fronts and the RC-3 or RC-7 center. Can I use my current SF-2 as rear surrounds? The Klipsch web site and many of you here on the forum push timbre, bass and efficeincy matching of speakers. Heck just by the looks of the thing (tower speaker vs. the wedgy look of a surround) I'd rather have the SF-2 but... how will it all sound together?

Regards to all,

Mike

BTW, Happy Holidays everyone!

I hate timbre pushers. Oh my god, a bullet (that will probably happen once for a tenth of a second in a whole film) thats going from the front to back might not sound exactly the same and it will ruin the whole movie! I say screw this, it doesn't make as big of a diff as people claim.

I agree, timber matching is not as critical in the rear as it is in the front. How do you like the SF2's? I'm torn between reference & synergy for my new home theater. I'll be using a lower end receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-41. Do you expect to get a MUCH better sound from the Reference? I have heard them all at the store but it's difficult to choose one over the other...I like them all.

Jeff

I do like the RF-3II vs the SF-2 however in an effort to get a "matched" set of speakers for my first home theater I went with the lesser expensive Synergy line. After some negotiation I got about 18% off retail from the local authorized dealer.

However the RF-3II do have a better sound. Better mids and bass. They also have better dispersion IMHO. I got a web price of $549.92 + shipping. The sales rep said they get them from an authorized dealer and I will get a sales reciept from that dealer... hmmmmm. The place is so close I can even pick them up. We'll see about all that.

mm