2802 crackling!!!

dblue

I've been bothered for a long time due to crackling on certain movie soundtracks and a few Cd's. I've posted on more than a few threads concerning this problem. I was always assured that it was, indeed, the source material, and not my equipment. Well, today I was listeng to a fav CD of mine, and it got to the portion that had some really bad crackling. And it is a part with a lot of intense midrange sound, just like in any of the films that had the annoyance. I decided to try disabling the crossover (setting my fronts to large)....low and behold, the crackling dissappeared!!!!! I then tried it with a few DVD's that were notorious for crackling...same results. I know a lot of other people with the Denons have reported hearing the same thing, and I urge these individuals to try setting all speakers to large and see if they still hear the offesive sounds. I'm very dissappointed in this, and am considering selling my unit if it is inherent in the brand. If it is just my unit, though, I'll get it repaired. Please, anyone with a 2802 that knows what I'm talking about and experiment for me. 9.gif

A good example:

Radiohead: Amnesiac.

Track 4 (You and Whose Army?)

Throughout the first minute and thirty seconds, before the band kicks in, there is a significant crackling sound in the right channel, and only in stereo mode. Sounds aren't there in DTS NEO:6 or PLII. When I set the fronts to large, the sound dissappears. Thanks to any who try this for me.5.gif