Klipsch La Scala AL5 woofer bottom fabric?

Hi there!!!

First time posting.

I am building a pair of La Scala (clone/replica/diy). I am following the original plans from 1977 La Scala.

Originally the bottom of the woofer  have a sheet of plywood as a cover for the woofer. Looking at the AL5 how is made YouTube video, I noticed that instead

of a sheet of plywood they use some sort of fabric to cover the woofer hole at the bottom. I was wondering what kind of fabric the original Klipsch uses? 

Is a regular black fabric? or is a upholstery fabric? ( the one that you find at the bottom of the furniture). The main reason that I am doing it is to reduce some weigh, 

I am using Baltic plywood sheet.

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, Erivera1990 said:

Looking at the AL5 how is made YouTube video, I noticed that instead of a sheet of plywood they use some sort of fabric to cover the woofer hole at the bottom.

I am using Baltic plywood sheet.

Thank you in advance!

I looks like a piece of black foam is being installed inside the woofer chamber at around 2:54 in the video, which is then immediately followed by a solid wood black panel being placed over the opening and screwed down. The workers in the video are fast!

Yes, you will need to cover the woofer access hole with the same plywood used to build your cabinet.