La Scala Binding Post

Jax

I'm working on rewiring my 1977 La Scala's and have come up on a bit of a puzzling question. The wire binding posts on the midrange horn

are completely unfamiliar to me. They do not seem to have any apparent means of tightening/loosening (like a screw). I will try to describe

them: They are two protruding barrel-like binding posts on either side of the inside of the magnet housing at the end of the horn. If it were a

barrell the top and bottom face the front (and rear) of the speaker. The wires have no terminators attached, but are simply stripped at the ends

with the raw piece of wire bisecting the barrel perpendicular to the side of the barrel(coming through the side-bottom and out the side-top). The

wire is held firmly in place within the barrel. I cannot figure out how to loosen the post to allow the wire to come out. Can anyone who knows

fill me in on the secret! As I said, there does not seem to be any screw or grip to turn anything. It would probably be easier for me to tell by just

removing the horn, but I'd rather install it in place if I don't have to take it out since it is easily accessable from the back.

Thanks in advance!

AHA! Many thanks Greg. It is really hard to see from the back and I kept looking for a screw to loosen. Sometimes these things are so obvious they're difficult! I'll give that a try when I get home tonight. Thanks so much!

All the Best,

Marco