RF-3 Frequency response curves

dblue

Does anyone know where I can find some frequency response curves for the RF3-II's? Or if any exist? I'm looking to cross them over at either 40 or 60Hz. They're rated down to 37, so I'm figuring 40 is a bit low, but I have no frame of reference. Thanks to any who reply! :)

Those curves are not for public consumption. Klipsch keeps them pretty close to the vest.

You could do what I did. Plot your own using a SPL meter and CD with test tones on it. Personally, I think it's a little more accurate, because it's based on your room, at your listening position.

Use the following link, which has instructions and the correction chart for the Radio Shack SPL meter.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/49147.html

I put my numbers into an excel speadsheet, and then used the chart wizard to make a my curve.

As far as the sub goes: If you are using a high pass filter --I would raise it a tad and put it at 60Hz. This relieves the woofers of having to do most of the lower bass -- which will clean up the midrange considerably. If you are just using the low pass -- just set it to 40 and adjust for any irregularities by experimenting with sub placement. Sometimes, even a few inches away for the walls will smooth things out.

"A man is destined to accomplish great things -- but only if he has the courage to conquer himself." -- Bruce Lee

Another one of my favorites is: "Empty heads have long tongues."