Refinish Forte IIs from Black to Oak?

nickel

I'm wondering what the pros and cons are (or even the feasibility) for refinishing my 1990 black Forte IIs in Oak. My wife is tired of the black look and we are getting new HT furniture (oak with brown walnut inset panels). I may be able to keep these from being sent upstairs to the "B" theater if I can get them to match. I'd also need to do it to a KV-3 and a couple of KG.5.

Anyone had experience with this that can give me some advice? Is this something I can do? Or should I find a pro in the Orange County, CA area?

thanks,

nickel

I have some Black Forte II's that I did some touch up work on. I stripped an entire surface, but ultimately painted it black again. Acetone will do the trick (OUTSIDE!! - MESSY and NOXIOUS), but left the Oak surface kind of dark. I don't know whether more acetone and elbow grease would lighten them up, but I kind of doubt it. The grain of Oak is pretty deep... walnut MAY be easier???. Paint stripper dries the hell out of wood. Be careful.