Sort Of Some Fives EQ News

dcisive

I got a response from a rep on my request for more information on when to expect the coming Equalizer Software Update that is planned for the Fives. He responded that he'd spoken to their engineering department and they said it should be included in the next Software update. While he used the term "Soon" he concluded that it will without question be within THIS year but can't specify the month and date of it's coming release. Guess we'll have to be patient. If it's not at the very lease 5 bands (I sure hope at least 7 or more) I'll be stuck sticking with my current DAC-EQ-RCA input arrangement I'm using now off the Optical output of my Sony Bravia. Also it's pretty important they cover that all too critical 400-500hz region which is the bug bear of the midrange stuffiness you get rid of by backing off a tad on. Also it would be ideal to be able to up the 2k, 6k and 10-12k range to finally open up up the upper ranges for more clarity and air. We shall see. Can't wait and sure hope the engineering department has read my pleas stated before to them.

This is great news. I got a similar answer from them a couple of weeks ago. Even when they don't go more precise than "soon", it's a good thing they're confirming this is a feature really being working on.

I also asked them about it before, when I just got the speakers, but the answer was a lot more ambiguous without confirming this eq thing could be real.

I got a lot of expectations on this too. If I remember well, I think that in the "Joe n Tell" review of the fives, he said have heard that the app even will include a room correction feature. That will be so good if it's true, and aside a decent amount of bands for EQ, it will really make it work the price it has right now. As for today state, I don't think this speakers should cost more than 500-550 USD top.